Now is the ideal time to make a start on gaining new skills, or upgrading your existing skills, to help you get the job you want.
The Victorian Training Guarantee is making vocational education and training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold.
There are now an unlimited number of government subsidised training places available to people who meet the eligibility criteria.
If you are eligible, you are required to pay a tuition fee with the remainder of the course fees subsidised by the Victorian State Government. In 2011 the fees payable will be made up of three components:
1. Tuition Contribution (as set by Victorian Government Ministerial Directions)
2. Student Services Fee
3. Other course related fees for learning materials, equipment and uniform
The tuition fees are available by calling Jana on 9945-9522 and cover the duration of the course. Tuition fees are collected prior to course commencement.
The Headmasters Student Services Fee is a compulsory non-academic fee charged by Headmasters to support a range of services of direct benefit to students.
Concessions are available for study at Certificate II to IV levels for students who are holders of a Health Care Card. The concession rate for each course is equivalent to the minimum fee rate.
Concessions are determined on a studentís circumstances at the time of each enrolment.
Students undertaking a Diploma course will not be eligible for concession.
Apprentices and trainees may be eligible for a tuition fee concession at any course level, while Indigenous students always pay the minimum fee in a GSP.
Am I eligible for a government subsidised training place?
In 2011 you are eligible for a government subsidised training place if you:
- Meet one of the following citizen/residency status:
- Australian citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- holder of a Special Category Visa (sub-class 444, New Zealand citizen)
- East Timorese asylum seeker, or
- holder of a Temporary Protection Visa.
And are any of the following:
- a young person under 20 years;
- an applicant seeking a Foundation skills course;
- an applicant who is an Apprentice; or
- an applicant seeking a higher qualification than the highest qualification already held is eligible for the Victorian Training Guarantee.
What if I want to study and I donít meet the eligibility criteria?
You can still study at Headmasters Academy, but you may not be able to access a government subsidised tuition fee.
To start your training at Headmasters, talk to Jana in our Local Sales Team on 03 9945 9522or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find our more about government subsidised training visit www.skills.vic.gov.au, or call the Skills Victoria Help Hub on 1300 842 754.