If you have knowledge and skills obtained through previous learning – either formal courses or by experience in other ways – you can apply to Headmasters Advanced Academy of Training to have this knowledge and skill recognised for credit against the course required units of competency.
How do I apply?
Read the following information and then submit the application form to Headmasters.
1. The first step is to identify competency units in which credit or recognition will be sought. Headmasters can help you with this process.
2. Next, evidence of prior learning or current competence needs to be gathered. Types of evidence include:
o Samples of work
o Demonstration of knowledge or skills
o Statements from third parties
o Challenge tests for knowledge or skills
o Documents indicating knowledge or skills
3. You will need to align your evidence of knowledge and skills to the module or competency unit. This can be done by you if you have sufficient information or you can ask for assistance from Headmasters.
4. If your evidence appears to support your claim for credit transfer (where your units are the same as those studied previously) or Recognition of Prior Learning (where you can provide sufficient evidence of competence in the unit), submit the RPL application for assessment. A qualified assessor will make a judgment based on the evidence.
5. Receive and review the result. If you are unsuccessful the assessor will give an explanation as to why the evidence was not sufficient.
How much evidence do I need?
Assessors usually look for at least two types of evidence to support any RPL claim. Physical evidence such as a demonstration of skill can’t be disputed and will be seen as strongly supporting your application. In almost all cases the credit being sought will involve both skill and knowledge so an interview or knowledge test should be expected.
What are the assessors looking for?
The assessors can only give you credit if they judge that your skill and knowledge is equal to, or greater than, the skill and knowledge required to demonstrate competence in the unit. The assessor can only judge you on the evidence you provide.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for RPL for students who are undertaking a course at Headmasters, however there will be no discount on the course fee following the assessment even though the course duration may be shortened based on credits gained.
|Click here for more info on courses for Hair||Click here for more info on courses for Beauty||Click here for more on courses for Spa||Click here for more on courses for Fashion|